What makes up a beautiful bedding design? Learn everything you need in Macy’s Bedding 101. From sheets to comforters, we’re here to teach you about all the different layers and types of bedding for an A+ look. Shop the top bedding brands including Martha Stewart Collection (Created for Macy’s), Charter Club (Created for Macy’s), Hotel Collection (Created for Macy’s), Lauren Ralph Lauren and more!
For the best value, we recommend purchasing sheet sets that include a fitted sheet, a top/flat sheet and matching pillowcases.
2. Bedspread. This lightweight, decorative topper is placed above your sheets and extends all the way to the floor. It’s generally used to cover your bed during warmer months.
3. Comforter. In cooler weather, enjoy the plush feel of this thick bed covering. A comforter is filled with down or synthetic fill to provide extra warmth. We offer a variety of fashionable comforters in the latest prints, patterns and colors. Looking for something more low-key? We recommend a down or down alternative comforter AKA a duvet.
5. Duvet Cover. A down comforter is placed inside this decorative cover and closed with buttons, snaps or ties. A duvet cover can be easily cleaned and switched up seasonally.
6. Coverlet. When the weather warms up, you might want to trade your comforter for a coverlet. It is a lightweight bed cover that is usually quilted.
8. Quilt. Patch together a toasty bed with a quilt. It’s stitched using a decorative pattern that resembles a grid.
9. Pillowcases. These fabric covers are placed over your pillows, and they typically match your sheet set. For an on-trend look, scope out graphic pillowcases with cute prints and messaging.
10. Throw. This smaller blanket is mainly used for decorative purposes. For a trend-right feel, place a faux-fur or chunky-knit throw on top of your comforter.
11. Bedding Sets. If you’re looking for an easy and economical way to decorate your bed, buy a bedding set, also known as, a bed in a bag. These convenient sets usually include a comforter and matching pillow shams. Larger sets might also include a bed skirt, sheet set, decorative pillows and Euro shams.
Goose Down Comforter. Invest in ultimate luxury with a goose down comforter. Filled with feathers, these plush comforters keep you super cozy, while providing breathability. Unlike synthetic-filled comforters, goose down comforters maintain their loft for longer. If you’re concerned about allergies, Macy’s carries hypoallergenic goose down comforters.
Comforter Sets. Looking for a quick way to refresh your bedroom? Start by getting a new comforter set that includes a comforter and coordinating shams. Larger piece sets can include a sheet set, bedskirt, decorative pillows and more.
Throw Pillows. Create a glam look for your bed with tons of throw pillows—the more the dreamier. We’re loving decorative pillows with pom-poms, fringe and cute sayings. If you want to refresh your bedding, simply swap out your throw pillows.
Sherpa Throw. Cozy up to the incredible warmth of a Sherpa fleece-lined throw. You won’t want to be uncovered.
Infuse a trend-right feel to your bedding design with a faux-fur throw. Layer this “it” accessory on top of your comforter—sleep tight!