What’s the key to finding the perfect dress? It’s all in the fit. Macy’s Evening Dress Guide is here to help you find your measurements and your dress size step by step. Once you know your measurements, you can determine your body type. Whether you’re a curvy or straight body type, Macy’s has the right dress to complement your figure. Shop the best evening looks from your favorite brands including Calvin Klein, MSK, Nightway, Adrianna Papell and more.
To find your perfectly fitting evening dress, you’ll need to take a few measurements. Grab a measuring tape, piece of paper and pen. Follow these steps to measure your bust, waist and hips, then consult with the chart to find your appropriate dress size.
• Step 1: Measure Your Bust. Raise your arms and wrap the measuring tape around the fullest part of your bust. You should use the measurement where the tape overlaps.
• Step 2: Measure Your Natural Waist. Place the measuring tape two inches above your belly button to measure your natural waistline.
• Step 3: Measure Your Hips. Ensure that the tape is at the fullest part of your hips to find the correct mearsurement.
Helpful Hint: If you fall in between measurements, we recommend sizing up to the larger size.
Let’s celebrate your shape! Whether you’re straight or pear shaped, Macy’s has a wonderful selection of evening dresses to make every woman feel beautiful. From sheath to A-line silhouettes, you’ll find the best look for your body type.
• Curvy Body Type. If you have a curvy body type, you are shapelier throughout with a full bust, hips, thighs and bottom. A mermaid dress is the best look for a curvy body type. This silhouette will hug your curves in all the right places, then gently fishtails out for a flattering fit.
• Straight Body Type. If you have a straight body type, your shoulders and bust are in close measurement with your hips and your waist is not clearly defined. A blouson dress is the best look for a straight body type. You’ll love the way the bodice elegantly drapes into a fitted waistline, lending definition to your shape.
• Pear Body Type. If you have a pear shape body type, you are usually fuller on the bottom than the top and your hips are larger than your bust. To beautifully balance out your silhouette, you’ll love dresses with dramatic bodices that draw the eye upward.