Some say a picture is worth a thousand words…nahhh, we think you need thousands of picture frames, for thousands and thousands of pictures! Just kidding. Yet, if you really need to buy a ton of great picture frames, Macy’s is the place to go. We have all different sizes, shapes and materials that are excellent to hold those precious, picture-perfect moments. Shop brands like Martha Stewart Collection (created for Macy’s), kate spade new york and Michael Aram, available at Macy’s!
What Are the Most Common Picture Frame Sizes?
1. 4” x 6”. The most common picture frame size for when you want to order a lot and share them with family and friends. This size is also generally used to display on home surfaces, such as mantels, end tables or desks. They can also be stored in photo boxes to pull out at a later time.
2. 5” x 7”. This is the best size to display your photos on a desktop at work or home. As they are slightly bigger than 4x6 frames, they will hold larger pictures but still allow enough room to put out as many as you want.
3. 8” x 10”. This picture frame size is also very popular if you want to display a picture in a greater way. Some 8x10 frames also include a colored mat border, which allows you to highlight smaller size photos like 5x7s and give them a nice border.
4. 8-1/2” x 11.” This size is often used to frame documents, diplomas and certificates. Go with a classic metal or wood frame to best display your important credentials. Frames that are too flashy and bright will take the attention away from the achievement it holds.
5. 11” x 14”. A great frame size for the wall. 11x14 frames can also include a colored mat for 8x10 images. The versatility of these frames makes them a good deal too: two sizes for the price of one, depending on how large you want to show off your picture.
6. 16” x 20”. This size is commonly considered the most popular wall frame size. It’s not too big yet not too small, it falls right in the middle and is considered a medium size frame. You can find 16x20 frames with colored mat borders for an 11x14 image or multiple smaller borders to hold 5x7 and 4x6 pictures. A wonderful way to create a gallery of pictures and display cherished memories, all in one place.
Helpful Hints: Go with picture frame materials that best highlight your specific pictures. For example: you wouldn’t display a lush landscape image in a black metal frame, but rather a rustic or traditional wood frame to match its earthy tone. For a wedding anniversary shot, you’d want a picture frame in bone china, porcelain, crystal or glass to amplify the picture’s beauty.
Make it frame-worthy: we can picture it—can you?! Stop by Macy’s today for tons of amazing picture frames!