Are you looking for a new design idea? Wallpaper is back, and better than ever! You can use wallpaper as a statement feature or all over your room to add your personal touch. Find your starring roll at Macy’s. Shop your favorite brands including Brewster Home Fashions, Deny Designs and Graham & Brown.
What are the top wallpaper trends?
1. Floral. From dainty to bold blossoms, floral wallpaper is one of our top picks for trending design. We’re loving tropical and Eastern influences to create a Zen oasis.
2. Geometric. If your style is a bit more dramatic, then we recommend geometric wallpaper. Want to jump outside the box? Go for geometric styles with 3D effects.
3. Metallic. Is sleek and modern more your thing? Give off a glam vibe with metallic wallpaper in gold, silver and bronze tones.
4. Natural Textures. Rustic design is all about using natural elements. Not into hammering and sawing? We don’t blame you. Get a similar effect by using wallpaper that is meant to look like wood, stone or brick.
How to hang wallpaper?
Once you’ve decided on your pattern, follow these easy steps to hang your wallpaper:
1. Measure 50 cm out from your starting point.
2. Use a plumb line to ensure you hang your wallpaper straight.
3. Apply the wallpaper paste directly to the wall.
4. Match your first strip to your plumb line. Remember to allow extra wallpaper for trimming—it’s better for it to be too long than short.
5. Once applied, pass the smoother over your wallpaper and trim it with your straight edge razor.
6. Match up the next strip by sliding the pattern into place.
7. Remove any excess paste with a damp cloth.
Shopping Tip: Get all the essentials to hang your wallpaper with Graham & Brown's wallpaper paste set that includes a roller, tray, plumb line, smoother and paste.
Ready to roll? It’s time to update your space with wallpaper, available at Macy’s.