- Kids & Baby
- Handbags & Accessories
- Now Trending
Want to lend a welcoming feel to your living space? Placing an area in any room of your home will add a cozy vibe. What size rug should you get? We’re breaking down how to decorate with rugs of varying sizes. Whether you need a 9 x 12 or 5 x 8 rug, you’ll find the perfect rug to fit your space and design style at Macy’s. Shop your favorite brands including Bridgeport Home, Safavieh, Kaleen, Surya and more.
How To Choose A Rug For Your Living Room?
• If you want your furniture to float around your area rug, then purchase a 5 x 8 area rug.
• If you want just the front legs of your sofa and accent chairs to be on the rug, then a 7 x 9 rug is the perfect choice.
• If you want all the legs of your living room furniture to be on the rug, then a 9 x 12 rug or larger will be ideal.
How To Choose A Rug For Your Bedroom?
• If you have a full/queen size bed, a 5 x 8 or 8 x 10 rug will work depending on the size of your bedroom.
• If you have a king size bed, an 8 x 10 or 9 x 12 rug will be ideal depending on your space.
How To Choose A Rug For Your Dining Room?
• The area rug should be able to accommodate all the legs of the chairs at all times, even when you’re tucking the chairs in and out.
• You want to be able to maintain an even surface, while enjoying your meal.
Liven up your living space: shop area rugs at Macy’s.