Looking for fun, durable toys that not only help your child learn but are safer for them and eco-friendly, too? You’ve dropped by the right place. Macy’s has a ton of great wooden toys for kids that help spark imagination while helping to reduce anxiety and promote interactive playtime! Shop Macy’s for wooden toys for kids from the best brands such as Melissa and Doug, Trademark Global, Bigjigs Toys and more.
The Benefits of Wooden Toys for Development:
• Sensory Development. When kids play with wooden toys they are touching and sensing the surface, shape, volume and weight of the toys which helps develop complex neurological connections in their brain. This can enhance their memory!
• Anxiety-Reducing. Research has shown that a wooden toy can promote a more tranquil and adventurous quality play than that of another material. Plastic, bright toys can overstimulate, and cause the child exhaustion.
• Promotes Interaction & Sharing. Your child can play with wooden blocks and other wooden toy kits by themselves or together with friends or siblings. Creating sprawling cities or racetracks means that two children can be working on “one” project, but still maintain their independence.
• Fine Motor Skills & Gross Motor Skills. Wooden toys require fine (small) motor skills to pick them up and gross (large) motor skills to move them around. As your child grows, wooden toys get more detailed and require precise movements and control. Wooden push toys are great for when they are learning to walk.
• They’re Safer. Because wood is a natural substance, it lacks harmful chemicals that other toys may possess such as BPA, PVC, lead paint, among others. This is especially important as many toddlers tend to put toys in their mouths.
• More Durable. These traditional (and sometimes handmade) play tools can be passed down from generation to generation due to their classic appeal, basic learning attributes and durability. From baby toys to toddler toys, wooden toys do it all.
• Environmentally Friendly. Unlike plastic toys, which can clog landfills and oceans because they are nonbiodegradable, wood is a sustainable, recyclable and biodegradable material. Eco-friendly toys for the win!
• Triggers Imagination. Kids are the masters of imagination; with wooden toys, they are able to make a simple wooden peg turn into a horse galloping across mountains of stacker blocks. Preschoolers especially love to pretend play. If you’re a teacher, make sure you have wooden toys for your classroom.
(Wooden) toys that stand the test of time. Shop Macy’s for an amazing selection of kid’s wooden toys!