Duffel & Weekend Bags for Women
Every day we’re duffelin’. Grab a duffel bag for everyday activities like hitting the gym or for your next weekend girls’ trip. Depending on the size, a duffel bag can hold your gym gear (as the perfect gym bag) and all the essentials for your next getaway. Stop by Macy’s today for duffel bags and weekend bags for women from the best brands such as Samsonite, Tommy Hilfiger, Vera Bradley, Rockland, DKNY, Delsey and more!
What Is A Duffel Bag Or Weekend Bag? A duffel bag is ideal for short trips or weekend-long outings—AKA the weekender bag. Many travel duffels include easy-to-carry top handles and a removable shoulder strap for hands-free ability. Many are also canvas and water-resistant, which is perfect if you’re using it for backpacking, camping or hiking. If your trip requires a flight prior to the adventure, get a rolling duffel bag with wheels. They provide better mobility, so you move smoother (and quicker) through the airport.
How To Pack A Duffel Bag?
- Flatten It Down. Start by folding down the upper edges to allow easy access to the bottom of the bag. Once you’ve packed all your necessities, you’ll be able to fold them back up.
- Low-Priority Items First. Since duffel bags are used for shorter trips, fill the bottom of the bag with items you won’t need right away such as PJs and spare pairs of pants. Items that are the most durable are also good to pack at the bottom.
- Roll, Baby, Roll. To maximize space, roll your clothes. It also helps to minimize wrinkling.
- Pack It Up. Continue packing in priority order from the bottom up. Small clothing items, like socks and underwear, can generally be stuffed into any extra spaces (or inside shoes). Items like medication and toiletries should be reserved for the top compartments or outer pockets so they are easily accessible.
- Give It A Good Shimmy. Once you feel as though you’ve hit capacity, shake the bag. This will help the clothing settle, creating a bit more space for those must-haves…AKA the brand-new animal print clutch you can’t stop obsessing over. Totally necessary.
- Secure The Bag. If you’re using the duffel bag as a carry-on while flying, use a TSA lock. Created by the Transportation Security Administration, these special locks protect your baggage from potential theft while allowing airport security officials to open the bag if they need to manually check the contents.
Weekend travel handled with the best duffel bags, available at Macy’s.