Planning your next vacay or weekend getaway? Sure—the right clothes, shoes and accessories are important to pack, but think about what you’ll need to pack them in—luggage! We get it…features like pockets, zippers, locks, size and weight are all important to consider when purchasing a new (inanimate) travel companion, but how it will look in that “just touched down!” Instagram post is vital!
Shop Macy's to find fashion luggage brands that balance durability and design such as Lipault, American Tourister, Tumi and Samsonite. Your favorite fashion brands also make great luggage—from suitcases and carry-ons to duffel bags and tote bags by DKNY (Created for Macy’s), Tommy Hilfiger, Vince Camuto and more.
What types of luggage do I need?
1. Tote bag. Yes, you tote-ally need one. Whether it's a designer handbag, shoulder bag or tote bag, BCBG MaxAzria, Tumi and Lipault make fantastic options in fun, fashion colors.
Travel Pro Tip: Most airlines allow one personal item along with a carry-on suitcase onto the plane. The general rule is that it must fit under the seat in front of you, so small tote bags, shoulder bags, laptop bags or backpacks are all excellent choices.
2. Duffel bag. AKA the weekend bag. And ideal for weekend getaways with friends. Go on that much-needed girls’ trip with confidence with a chic duffel bag in tow. DKNY delivers trendy quilted styles, or grab a Delsey duffel bag for an understated classic, fashion luggage look.
Travel Pro Tip: If traveling by plane, a large duffel bag shouldn't be used along with a carry-on, but rather instead of. However, if the size fits the "personal item" airline guidelines—and can fit under the seat—then pack it up and carry it aboard.
3. Carry-on bag, carry-on. No other luggage will matter. Carry-on luggage is best for traveling light and for when you don't want to check your travel bag. If you need a little extra room, or tend to overpack, grab a softside luggage carry-on. They're often more flexible and offer expandable features (for better bend when stuffing into the overhead bin). Sport Tommy Hilfiger carry-on bags with iconic fashion colors.
Travel Pro Tip: The correct luggage size for your carry-on is a maximum height of 22 inches.
4. Medium to large suitcases. Check-ch-check it out and check it on the plane. These luggage essentials are for longer vacations where you need to pack (almost) your entire wardrobe--for optimal outfit options, of course! Samsonite makes hard shell and spinner wheels that provide your valuables protection and easier mobility, so you move smoother through the airport and have peace of mind after check-in. They even come in chrome finishes, for sleek appeal.
Travel Pro Tip: Medium suitcases are generally 24"-26" while large suitcases are 28"-30".
5. Luggage sets. Why buy one, when you can buy a set of multiple? Many brands make luggage sets that include a tote, duffel bag, carry-on and medium or large size suitcase. Go with American Tourister for a softside spinner luggage set or Steve Madden for a hardside spinner set in gold or silver super-stylish finishes.
Travel Pro Tip: Be sure to read the full product details for every piece in the set before buying. You want to ensure your luggage pieces meet TSA guidelines before traveling.
Fashion approved. TSA approved. So, what are you waiting for? Your next vacation is calling...fly by Macy's today for first-class fashion luggage pieces!