Guys, it’s time to update your cold-weather accessories. Not sure where to begin? Start with men’s gloves and scarves. Check out our selection of gloves and scarves that are ideal for cold weather.
What type of gloves should I buy? Gloves should keep you warm, but should also be functional for the modern man—think lots of wool/cotton blends or leather options. Need to use your cell phone during your commute? Tech gloves that allow you to use your touchscreen cell phone without removing them are perfect. Fingerless gloves are another option if you need access to your digits while on the go. Fingerless gloves also a good option for training gloves. Leather gloves are a sophisticated choice and great for driving.
How do you figure out your glove size? To measure your glove size, you will need a ruler or tape measure, and follow these instructions:
• Measure across the widest part of your hand.
• Measure the longest part of your hand.
• Whichever measurement is higher, round it up to the nearest whole number and that’s your glove size.
Are leather gloves warm? Yes, leather gloves are warm. For even more warmth, pick leather gloves that are lined with something extra—think insulated fabrics that help trap heat: wool, shearling and polyester help keep your hands toasty.
What kind of scarf should I choose? The kind of scarf you choose should be based on your personal style. From solids to colorblock picks, you can stay warm and stylish at the same time! A scarf is also a great way to bring interest and add color or pattern to your outfit.
How to tie a scarf for men? There are several ways to tie a man’s scarf and it can be worn many ways. We focus on our top three easiest ways to tie a men’s scarf:
• The Simple Knot. Fold the scarf in half and place it around your neck. Pull the loose ends through the loop. This knot will help keep your scarf in place.
• The Wrap Around. It’s a simple as it sounds. Simply wrap the scarf around your neck multiple times and tuck the ends inside. Fluff it out to add volume.
• The Long Ascot. Place the scarf around your neck while making sure both ends are even. Pick one end and bring it over and under the other. Adjust the length as you see fit. It looks great worn with a blazer or sports coat.
Bundling up is easy when you have the right accessories! Visit Macy’s online or in store for men’s gloves and scarves from your favorite brands. Don’t forget to checkout men’s hats, too!