Mens Training Clothing
Need extra motivation to power through your workout? The answer might be in what you wear. Explore Macy’s selection of men’s training clothing including performance T-shirts, hoodies, pants and jackets that are perfect for your next gym session, workout class or at-home exercise routine.
What are must-have features of men’s training clothing? Men’s training clothing should be made from breathable, moisture-wicking fabric to help keep you dry and comfortable before, during and after your workout.
What should my arsenal of training clothes consist of?
• Men’s training shirts. From tanks to short-sleeve and long-sleeve T-shirts, there’s a variety of training shirts to choose from. Loose tees are versatile and won’t weigh you down. Fitted tanks keep excess fabric out of the way; they’re perfect for weight training or high-intensity interval training.
• Men’s training bottoms. Pick up a mix of pants, shorts, leggings or sweatpants—your workout, your preference. Track pants are great for outdoor and indoor runs or for sports practice. Shorts with built-in briefs work well for runs. Leggings, especially compression leggings, are ideal for almost any athletic activity and help you feel supported during your workout. Sweatpants, including athleisure-worthy joggers, can be worn alone or layered.
• Men’s training outerwear. Light. Stretchy. Breathable. Keep these adjectives in mind when picking the perfect outer layer. Think active hoodies, track jackets and coats. Look for interior and exterior pockets to keep your essentials like your wallet and keys close and secure. Reflective panels are a bonus for outdoor runners.
• Don’t forget men’s training shoes. Training shoes are made to help support a variety of movements. Pick up a pair of these all-purpose athletic shoes if you plan to quickly change direction, make lateral movements, or stop, cut and break.
Should my training clothes change with the seasons? Yes, if you plan to exercise outdoors, then it’s important to switch up what you wear based on the weather:
• Hot weather. Pick fabrics that help your skin breathe and feature moisture-wicking technology. Loose, comfortable clothing is also key to stay cool and have full range of motion.
• Cold weather. Start with a moisture-wicking base layer then add insulated training clothes help your body retain heat. Be sure to dress warm, but keep in mind that your body temp will rise so dressing in removable layers is key. This can help make exercising outdoors in the fall and winter more comfortable.
• Wet or windy weather. Impromptu rain showers and strong winds won’t ruin your workout if you’re dressed properly. Pick up water-resistant or wind-resistant outerwear like a hoodie or jacket designed to help protect you from the elements.
Ready to build a workout wardrobe that’s as functional as it is stylish? Shop men’s training clothing at Macy’s.