Whiskey or rum? Definitely both.
Summer is coming in hot (cheers to that), which means it’s the perfect time to dust off the grill & brush up on your bartending skills. Sure, a two-week getaway to the Bahamas sounds like perfection, but we say tropical paradise is way closer than you think, AKA right in your backyard.
So in the spirit of staycation, we’re sharing two of our fave icy-cool cocktail recipes. Stock up on the tiny umbrellas, invite your tribe over & get ready to play mixologist. And the best part about hosting? A one-minute commute back to your couch.
Bottoms up, everyone!
STRAWBERRY BOURBON LEMONADE
This boozy twist on a hot-weather staple is THE jam.
4 oz. bourbon
1 cup strawberries
2 tsp. agave nectar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Fresh basil leaves
1. Add the strawberries, agave nectar & about a 1/4 cup of water
into a blender, then pulse until pureed.
2. Grab a saucepan & over a medium-high heat, add the puree
& 1 3/4 cups of water.
3. Heat to a boil, cool & strain.
4. Combine the strawberry syrup, bourbon, 1 cup of water,
lemon juice, basil leaves & splash of bitters in a pitcher.
5. Stir, pour & top off with prosecco to your heart’s desire, because bubbly.
Very important question: this counts toward our daily fruit serving intake, right (winky face)?
1.5 oz. rum
.75 oz. lime juice
.5 oz. agave nectar
1 oz. pear puree
Fresh mint leaves
1. Muddle the mint leaves in a highball glass.
2. Add in all the ingredients but the club soda.
3. Shake (insert a few fancy dance moves here), top off with club soda & pour.
4. For the finishing touch—garnish with a sprig of mint & tiny umbrella.