Macy’s Wedding Registry “Happy Honeymoon” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. These Official Rules govern the Macy’s Wedding Registry “Happy Honeymoon” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) sponsored by Macy’s Retail Holdings, Inc. (“Sponsor”). Four (4) Prizes will be awarded to one (1) winner. As prize providers of the Sweepstakes, Stellar Partnership Marketing, LLC, Delsey Luggage Inc., and Sunglass Hut Trading Corporation are herein jointly referred to as “Prize Providers”.
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia), Puerto Rico and Guam who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry, or the age of majority in their state of residence, and who have a Qualified Registry (as defined below) at a Macy’s store or on Macys.com. Employees of Sponsor, Prize Providers, or their affiliates, and any company or person affiliated with the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 1, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on March 31, 2018 p.m. ET (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter:
- A. To participate in the Sweepstakes you must have a Macy’s wedding gift registry with a valid registry identification number (a “Registry”) with an aggregate value of no less than five hundred dollars ($500) (a “Qualified Registry”). If you do not have a Registry, you may visit a Macy’s store or macys.com/registry to create one. Then, during the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.macys.com/weddingsweeps (“Website”) and follow all on-screen instructions to fill out and submit the entry form, including providing the Registry identification number assigned to your Registry. Entrant must complete all steps as set forth in this section and provide all required information to receive an eligible Sweepstakes entry. One (1) entry per Qualified Registry is permitted.
- B. Mail-in Alternate Method of Entry: To enter without creating a Qualified Registry, hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, email address, and date of birth on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to Macy’s Wedding Registry “Happy Honeymoon” Sweepstakes, c/o Macy’s Wedding Registry, 112 W 34th Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10120. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All requests must be postmarked no later than March 31, 2018 and received within five days in order to be included in the Sweepstakes. All requests must be hand printed, separately mailed and become the exclusive property of the Sponsor. None will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due requests, all of which will not be honored. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries.
- C. Limit: You may only enter the Sweepstakes once, whether by opening a Qualified Registry or using the alternate method of entry. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise will be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer program, macro, robotic or other automated means are void and will be disqualified.
4. Determination and Verification of Potential Winners: Entries that are incomplete, false, late or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules will be disqualified. The “authorized account holder” of an email address, is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Potential winner is subject to verification before Prize is awarded. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Receiving the Prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable Prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining entries. POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. An entrant is not a winner of a prize, unless and until entrant is selected in the random drawing, entrant’s eligibility has been verified, and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. Entries made by any individual or any entity other than the named entrant and/or originating at any other Internet Website, including (but not limited to) commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites are void. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. Selection of Winner. One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about April 20, 2018. Odds are determined by the number of entries received. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or Prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the Prize. The Prize consists of only those items specifically described as included in the Prize.
6. Prize Description: Four (4) Prizes will be awarded to one (1) winner of the Sweepstakes. Prizes will consist of the following: Hotel Accommodations: A seven (7) night all-inclusive stay for two (2) at the Adults-only Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa Maldives in Boduthakurufaanu Magu, Maldives. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $4,500.00. For avoidance of doubt, all-inclusive stay for two (2) adults includes the following: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks + Beverages + Dining 6 meals per day, including breakfast, mid-morning serving, lunch, afternoon tea, sundowners, dinner. Extra Credits of USD 40 per person to redeem against a la carte dining (food only) Open bar (Available daily from 11.00am to 11.00pm) Mini bar (Inclusive) Transport to and from Airport via Speedboat. Free use of snorkeling and windsurfing equipment, canoes and pedalos. Five thousand dollars ($5,000) cash awarded via check to be put towards airfare. ARV: $5,000.00 A two thousand dollar ($2,000) Macy’s Gift Card. ARV: $2,000.00 One (1) Delsey Luggage Package. ARV: $1,280.00 Luggage package shall include the following: Two (2) Delsey Helium Shadow 4 29” Spinner Suitcases in Grey. Two (2) Delsey Helium Shadow 4 21” Spinner Suitcases in Grey. Prize Aggregate Retail Value: $12,780. Hotel Accommodations must be redeemed between May 1, 2018 - April 30, 2019. ONLY ELEMENTS OF THE PRIZE DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE BEING AWARDED TO WINNER. Winner is solely responsible for all incidental expenses, including any air or ground transportation, meals, tips and gratuities, income and other taxes, and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein. The winner and guest must travel round-trip and stay on the same itinerary. Winner and guest must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Guest of the winner must be at least eighteen (18) years old or the age of majority in their state of residence as of the execution date on the liability/publicity release. Once a travel companion is selected, s/he may not be substituted, except in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Winner is solely responsible for reserving and/or booking travel transportation including but not limited to flight and ground transportation. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Hotel accommodations, water equipment, and excursion options are subject to availability and black-out dates apply. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Sweepstakes. No cash equivalent available and prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Any portion of the prize not accepted, or redeemed by the dates set forth in these Official Rules, or unclaimed and/or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted and no additional compensation will be provided, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted. Terms and conditions of Gift Card will apply. Gift Card may be used to purchase merchandise at any Macy's store or online at macys.com, but may not be redeemed for cash, used to purchase Macy's gift cards/certificates, or applied as payment or credit to a credit card account. Sponsor, Prize Providers, or their designee shall fulfill the Prize to Winner.
7. Notification: Potential winner will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone. Potential winner must respond to accept or decline the Prize within seven (7) days of notification. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days of Sponsor’s notification, does not timely respond to Sponsor within seven (7) days of Sponsor’s notification, or if Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected by Sponsor. Upon Prize forfeiture, no payment or other compensation will be made to the original potential winner. If a potential winner accepts the Prize, they must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability and publicity release within seven (7) days of acceptance or an alternate potential winner may be selected. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the Prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining entries. Also, because the approximate retail value of the Prize is greater than $600, a Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number is required to be provided to Sponsor for issuance of a 1099 Form. All fees, federal, state and other taxes, costs and expenses relating to the use, acceptance and possession of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. In the event of noncompliance with any requirement, the non-complying potential winner will be disqualified. No substitution, exchange or transfer of Prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
8. Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects, and attests to being eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their state of residence. Entrants are solely responsible for their own actions and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, Prize Providers, and their officers, directors, employees, insurers, agents, successors, assigns, vendors and licensees (“Representatives”) and their parent, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliated and related companies, together with each of their Representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability for losses, damages or injuries arising in connection with their participation in the Sweepstakes or the award or use of the Prize.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor and each of its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission of any Sweepstakes-related website; failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems or human error; printing or other errors. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated early, a potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO SPONSOR OR THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Each entrant also agrees to be solely responsible for entrant’s own actions and for any liability related to her/his participation in the Sweepstakes and agrees to be solely responsible for their own actions and for any liability related to receipt and/or use of the Prize offered. Sponsor’s decisions in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes will be final.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York County, New York.
12. Privacy: Handling of all participant information, including e-mail addresses, will be consistent with the Macy’s, Inc. Notice of Privacy Practices at http://www.macys.com/service/start/safeshopping/privacy.jsp
13. Winner List: For the name of the winner (available after May 1, 2018), send a written request and stamped, self-addressed envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) to: Macy’s Wedding Registry “Happy Honeymoon” Sweepstakes, Attn: Danielle Di Orio, 112 W 34th Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10120 (No phone calls please.).
14. Sponsor: Macy’s Retail Holdings, Inc., 112 West 34th Street, New York, NY 10120.