FOR YOUR INFORMATION
- This map for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade website may contain links to external websites that are not provided or maintained by Macy’s, Inc.
- Please note that Macy’s, Inc. does not guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of any information on these external websites.
- This content is the sole responsibility of the entity that makes it available to Google Maps and is subject to their Terms of Service.
There are 2.5 miles of public viewing along the NYC route in 2022. Macy’s is following all current city & state health & safety regulations.
On Thanksgiving Eve only, here’s where guests can check out our giant balloons as they are inflated. Please note that all attendees over age 12 must be vaccinated in order to attend our balloon inflation. Children under 12 years old may attend with a fully vaccinated adult. Attendees will be encouraged to social distance & masks will be required at all times.
Outside of the Museum of Natural History (between West 77th & West 81st Streets)
West 72nd Street & Columbus Avenue
(be sure to have proof of vaccination & photo ID)
For arriving guests:72 St. station (at Central Park West)
- 72 St. station (at Broadway)
Volunteers can be found at the subway entrances on Central Park West at West 72nd Street to help with directions.
Guests arriving from the West Side can cross Columbus Avenue south of West 77th Street to join the viewing line at West 72nd Street & Columbus Avenue.
Guests arriving from the East Side should utilize the 65th Street Transverse, then head northwest to join the viewing line at West 72nd Street & Columbus Avenue.
The viewing line
Upon entering, volunteers will be located along the route to help guests find their way.
Guests will view the balloons moving clockwise around the Museum from the north side of West 77th Street, then the south side of West 81st Street.
Discover where you’ll find each character in the inflation area here.
West 81st Street & Central Park West
Guests may leave the inflation area via:
- 81 St.-Museum of Natural History station (at Central Park West)
- 79 St. station (at Broadway)
- 79th Street Transverse (entrance at West 81st Street & Central Park West)
- West 82nd Street, heading west toward Columbus Avenue
Volunteers can be found at the subway entrances on Central Park West at West 81st Street to help with directions.
Vaccine verification instructions
For access, guests must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination in the form of one of the following:
- Original CDC vaccination card
- Mobile vaccination app (such as NYC COVID Safe App, CLEAR Health Pass, NYS Excelsior Pass)
- Photo of their vaccination card
Guests must also provide a photo ID with a name that matches the proof of vaccination. A negative test will not be accepted in lieu of vaccinated status. Children who are not eligible to receive vaccinations may be accompanied by a vaccinated adult.
Get all the answers to important Parade-day questions.
What should I bring?
Weather can be unpredictable so dress in layers, wear comfy shoes & bring a poncho!
What items are prohibited?
For your safety, the following items are expressly prohibited: umbrellas, backpacks, large bags, alcoholic beverages, drones & e-cigarettes.
No personal property can be left or abandoned at the entrance or checkpoints.
Will there be street closures?
Central Park West will be closed from West 72nd Street to West 85th Street beginning Wednesday, November 24 at noon through Thursday, November 25 at noon.
The 79th Street Transverse will be closed Wednesday, November 24 at noon through Thursday, November 25 at noon.