Your trip is booked, you’re stoked but... then comes the dread of packing? Packing for a trip should be easy, however, too often the wrong luggage makes this task much more difficult than it needs to be. Macy’s wants to help you become a savvy traveler and equip you with the best luggage to meet your travel needs.
Are you a fashionista that loves to snap candid photos everywhere you go? Do it for the ’gram—trendy travel bags will help complement your outfits and maybe even get you a couple more social media likes.
Macy’s has curated a few different travel types along with the best travel bags for men and women that are great for those particular travel types. Shop top travel brands like Delsey, Samsonite, Travelpro, Lipault, Tumi and more for luggage for business travel, vacations, getaways and everything in between!
How to Choose the Right Travel Luggage for Your Lifestyle?
With so many types of luggage out there, we know it can get a bit overwhelming to determine which will best suit your lifestyle—keep reading for help finding the right luggage for you!
1. Trendy Traveler: Planning your next vacay or weekend getaway? Sure, every trendy traveler knows that the right clothes, shoes and accessories are important to pack, but think about what you’ll need to pack them in—luggage! We get it…features like pockets, zippers, locks, size and weight are all important to consider when purchasing a new (inanimate) travel companion, but how it will look in that “just touched down!” Instagram post is vital. Stay on trend with Macy’s assortment of luggage in a variety of colors, shapes, sizes and prints—meet your fashion goals on and off the runway.
• Travel Purse. Whether it's a designer handbag, shoulder bag or tote bag, you tote-ally need a travel purse. Find great travel bags for women at Macy’s from brands such as BCBGMAXAZRIA, Lipault and DKNY. They make fantastic options in fun, fashion colors with all the pockets and compartments you need for organized travel. And don’t forget a matching travel wallet! Some include RFID technology to help protect your financials from electronic invasion.
Traveler Pro Tip: Most airlines allow one personal item along with a carry-on suitcase onto the plane. The general rule is that it must fit under the seat in front of you, so a small travel purse is an excellent choice.
• Carry-On Bag. The best luggage for the trendy traveler who needs to travel light is a carry-on. Is your trip booked with fun events? You won’t want to check your bag because you’ll need to be quickly off and running to your next social venture. If you need a little extra room or tend to overpack, grab a softside luggage carry-on. They're often more flexible and offer expandable features (for better bend when stuffing in that last pair of shoes). Sport Tommy Hilfiger carry-on bags with iconic fashion colors.
2. Traveling with Kids: Have a little one in tow? Let your mini-me have some fun with their luggage, too! Explore kids’ luggage ranging from popular characters to emojis. They’re fun-sized, perfect for your child. Shop Macy’s for cute luggage with adult-like function in kid-friendly dimensions!
• Luggage Sets. Get ready for your next family vacation—make packing a breeze with kids’ luggage sets that can include a carry-on and backpack. Not only do they provide double the space for travel essentials, but they also come in awesome matching themes that your child will love. Watch their face light up when they see their new Disney Mickey Mouse luggage set by American Tourister…they’ll be so excited for the trip, they may even help pack!
Little Tike Travel Tip: Kids’ luggage pieces can be smaller than typical TSA sizes, so be sure to read the full product details for every piece in the set before buying. You want to ensure your luggage meets certain TSA guidelines before traveling.
3. Adventurist Traveler: Going on a hike or backpacking excursion? Don’t forget your duffel bag or backpack for your next get-away—they are the best luggage pieces for the adventurist traveler…even if it is only in your neighborhood’s backyard. Explore Macy’s today to get prepared for the great outdoors with backpacks or duffel travel bags for men and women made perfectly to take along with you on the adventure!
• Duffel Bag. Ideal for short trips or weekend-long outings—AKA the weekender bag. Many duffel bags include easy-to-carry top handles and a removable shoulder strap for hands-free ability. If your trip requires a flight prior to the adventure, get a rolling duffel bag with wheels. They provide better mobility, so you move smoother (and quicker) through the airport.
Adventurist Traveler Pro Tip: If traveling by plane, a large duffel bag shouldn't be used along with a carry-on, but rather instead of. However, if the size fits the "personal item" airline guidelines—and can fit under the seat—then pack it up and carry it aboard.
• Backpack. This lightweight luggage essential is best for—you guessed it—back-packing! Say bye-bye to backpain, backpacks put less strain on your back because of the equal weight distribution by both straps. They also include tons of great features for the adventurist traveler like multiple pockets and zippers, convenient water-bottle holders and are made in durable weather-resistant fabrics.
4. Business Traveler: Traveling for work? Let’s get down business—you’ll need a laptop bag and garment bag for these important trips as they are a couple of the best luggage types for the business traveler. Macy’s carries all the top brands such as Samsonite, Tumi and Travelpro—so you can not only be a master of business, but of travel too!
• Laptop Bag. Have an early morning flight and need to catch up on some work? No problem! Grab a sturdy laptop bag perfectly sized just for your laptop, and carry your laptop on the plane. For more support while you work (and when you occasionally doze off), grab a travel neck pillow.
Business Traveler Tip: Most laptop bags will fit into the “personal item” category within airline size guidelines, but you can never be too safe, especially when it comes to flying! Before you fly, make sure your laptop bag is within TSA guidelines.
• Garment Bag. A garment bag allows you to neatly pack all the necessary suits or dresses needed for those major business meetings. You might also be able to avoid the dreaded iron or steamer, as garment bags help to keep clothes wrinkle-free. Touch down, unpack, get dressed and go… it’ll be business as usual with a garment bag.