Decorative & Serving Trays
There’s a time to serve, a time to store and now a time to decorate! Do you keep your serving trays stored away? And only bring them out for dinner parties or the occasional breakfast-in-bed treat? We’re guessing you probably do, but don’t worry, this is very common! Macy’s wants to help make better use of your serving tray instead of only on special occasions. Serving trays—in any vintage, shape or size—are actually very versatile and provide stylish organization to display any number of objects. Shop Macy’s today for brands such as Uttermost, Two’s Company, Cathy’s Concepts and more!
What Is A Serving Tray? A serving tray is a shallow vessel designed to carry and hold lots of items at one time. It can be made from numerous materials including wood, iron, metal, silver, brass and more. A serving tray is flat with raised edges to stop things from sliding off them. It is also made in a variety of different shapes but is commonly found in oval or rectangular forms, sometimes including cutout or attached handles for ease of carrying.
Typically, a serving tray is used to transport and serve food and drinks. However, it doesn’t always have to be— serve up style (with or without yummy meals) around your home with Macy’s top 5 list of our favorite decorative and repurposed ideas for serving trays!
5 New Ways to Use A Serving Tray:
1. Kitchen Serving Tray: The classic serving tray is used to carry multiple dinnerware pieces, kitchen utensils and (of course) your delicious meal to the dinner table. You can also use a tray to decoratively display cooking essentials within easy reach during meal prep: olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper grinders and anything else you may need.
2. Coffee Table Serving Tray: Use a decorative serving tray to stack magazines, candles and TV remotes on your coffee table. If you don’t have a coffee table, make one! Use your tray to create a flat surface on your ottoman or sofa so you can easily set down a glass, remote and other handheld items.
3. Library Serving Tray: Are you a book lover? and tend to leave tons of books lying around your house? Make a library room or living room more organized and display your favorite books stacked on a decorative serving tray. Place the tray on an ottoman, coffee table or large end table with other fun home décor items for a stylized look.
4. Dresser Serving Tray: Organize the top of your bedroom dresser with a serving tray. The tray’s shallow depth and short sides make it a perfect solution to holding your makeup, jewelry or other toiletries. Put them in small dishes or jars to categorize like items, such as lipsticks, mascaras, makeup brushes, bracelets, earrings and rings.
5. Bar Serving Tray: No bar cart? No problem! Create your own mini-bar with a serving tray. Place a large serving tray on a buffet table, credenza or side table and top it with glassware, coasters, cocktail shakers, ice buckets, and more. Don’t forget the liquor of your choice and your favorite wine! When you’re entertaining, add little dishes with lemon or lime wedges, olives and cherries for garnish.
Shopping Tip: Serving trays and decorative trays make great gifts, especially as wedding or anniversary gifts. Personalize it! Cathy’s Concepts offers serving trays that display engraved letters, too!
Tray Chic: Head to Macy’s today for an amazing selection of decorative and serving trays!