Want a more inviting living space? Adding a rug will lend a cozy feel to any room in your home. What size rug should you get? We’re breaking down how to decorate with rugs of varying sizes. Whether you need a 5 x 8 or 9 x 12 rug, you’ll find the perfect rug to fit your space and design style at Macy’s. Shop your favorite brands including Safavieh, Bridgeport Home, KM Home, Main Street Rugs and more.
How To Choose A Rug For Your Bedroom?
• If you have a full/queen size bed, a 5 x 8 or 8 x 10 rug will work depending on the size of your bedroom.
• If you have a king size bed, an 8 x 10 or 9 x 12 rug will be ideal depending on your space.
How To Choose A Rug For Your Living Room?
• If you want your furniture to float around your area rug, then purchase a 5 x 8 area rug.
• If you want just the front legs of your sofa and accent chairs to be on the rug, then a 7 x 9 rug is the perfect choice.
• If you want all the legs of your living room furniture to be on the rug, then a 9 x 12 rug or larger will be ideal.
How To Choose A Rug For Your Dining Room?
• The area rug should be able to accommodate all the legs of the chairs at all times, even when you’re tucking the chairs in and out.
• You want to be able to maintain an even surface, while enjoying your meal.
Home Makeover Alert: refresh your rugs at Macy’s!