How do you cozy up your living space? Placing an area rug will add a warm vibe to any room in your home. What size area rug should you get? We’re breaking down how to decorate with rugs of varying sizes. Whether you need an 8 x 10 or 5 x 8 area rug, you’ll find the perfect rug to fit your space and design style at Macy’s. Shop your favorite brands including Safavieh, Bridgeport Home, Kaleen, Surya and more.
How To Choose A Rug For The Living Room?
• If you want your furniture to float around your area rug, then purchase a 5 x 8 area rug.
• If you want just the front legs of your sofa and accent chairs to be on the rug, then an 8 x 10 rug is the perfect choice.
• If you want all the legs of your living room furniture to be on the rug, then a 9 x 12 rug or larger will be ideal.
How To Choose A Rug For Your Bedroom?
• If you have a full/queen size bed, a 5 x 8 or 8 x 10 rug will work depending on the size of your bedroom.
• If you have a king size bed, an 8 x 10 or 9 x 12 rug will be ideal depending on your space.
How To Choose A Rug For Your Dining Room?
• The area rug should be able to accommodate all the legs of the chairs at all times, even when you’re tucking the chairs in and out.
• You want to be able to maintain an even surface, while enjoying your meal.
Ready for a room update? Shop area rugs at Macy’s.