La Rochere Napoleon Bee 3-ounce Egg Cups, Set of 6
La Rochere's Napoleon Bee egg cup / liquor glass is classic, sturdy and versatile. The bee was chosen by Napoleon during his coronation as his symbol and was used on fabrics, carpets and flags. Both casual and elegant La Rochere drinkware will compliment any table for serving eggs for beakfast or a liquor, it is also dishwasher safe. Steeped in tradition La Rochere is the oldest glass factory in France where the pieces are fired at very high temperatures producing an exceptional quality glass that is both crystal clear and durable. A pressure seam is sometimes visible, which is the mark left by the mould in which the glass is pressed. It is the characteristic of pressed machine glass, symbolizing its French heritage.
- Set of 6, 3-ounce egg cups
- Made in the oldest glass factory in France, founded in 1475
- Made using the traditional French method of pressing molted glass in a mould which causes the iconic seam
- The bee was part of Napoleon's coat of arms.
- High quality clear glass
- Molten glass is poured into a metal mold and pressure is applied creating the iconic seam.
- Special shine obtained by fire polishing
- 2.5"H x 1"W
- Dishwasher safe
- Made in France
- Web ID: 7526603