Corsets & Bustiers
That feeling when you can’t take your eyes off of…you. Corsets, bustiers and pretty little things such as your intimate apparel can help you radiate with confidence. Live your best (most confident) life! Shop Macy’s today for corsets and bustiers from the best lingerie brands such as Dreamgirl, Dominique, Cosabella, Leonisa, INC (Created For Macy’s) and more.
What Is The Difference Between A Corset And Bustier? A bustier and corset share similar characteristics, but the real difference lies in the intent of the garment.
• Corsets are usually intended to give a smooth line from the cinched-in waist to the bust with no accommodation for the bust. It is typically one piece from bottom to top.
• Bustiers are intended to emphasize women’s curves and tend to push “the girls” up and together to create cleavage. You’ll often find bustiers with built-in cups to facilitate the definition of the bust. The cups resemble a modern-day bra, which is meant to boost cleavage.
What Are the Similarities Between a Corset and Bustier? Even though the intent for use is different, corsets and bustiers have very similar characteristics.
• Both of these undergarments are strapless bras that have an attached bodice that is usually boned.
• They help to accentuate your waistline and smoothe any unwanted lines from your stomach.
• They both also typically fasten at the front with hooks and eyes and lace up the back. Although, modern-day corsets and bustiers have a variety of different closures.
When To Wear A Corset Or Bustier:
• On Your Wedding Day. If your wedding dress is strapless, opt for a long-line bra, corset top or bustier. These waist cinchers help to accentuate your waist and smoothe any unwanted lines from your tummy. If you want a little added boost, a push-up corset or bustier is a good choice.
• On Your Wedding Night. A halter bustier or sexy corset and panty set with a cut-out peek-a-boo detail such as a crotchless panty and garter belt are sure to make your night unforgettable (excuse our blushing)!
• On Your Honeymoon. Turn up the (paradise) heat with a matching sexy lingerie set like a mesh or lace bustier and garter skirt set. Velvet and faux leather styles are perfect for a steamy vacay. You could also try styles with delicate satin and see-through panels—they’re sheer genius.
(Un)mentionables made to show off. Head to Macy’s today for the best selection of corsets and bustiers.