We’ve got lashes for days! Achieve makeup artist level eyelashes every time with the right mascara. Just as with our hair, skin, bodies, faces, we all have different types of eyelashes. It’s important to know the different types of mascara and types of formulas each mascara has to achieve the eye look you want. Shop Macy’s for mascara from the top makeup brands such as Urban Decay, Benefit Cosmetics, MAC, Too Faced, Smashbox and more!
5 Different Types of Mascara:
1. Lengthening Mascara. Want that false eyelash look, without the glue? Lengthening mascara is the one for you. This eye makeup gives off a natural look while it extends your own eyelashes. Lengthening mascara contains plastic polymers, made of nylon or rayon, that cling to the lashes and extend them beyond the tip. The brush used for this type of mascara is usually made of dense bristles for a thicker application.
2. Volumizing Mascara. Bigger is always better when it comes to lashes. Thickening or volumizing mascara is great for those with thin or limp lashes—it will add volume without the heavy or overdone look. Volumizing mascara contains silicone polymers and special waxes to add bulk. It also contains darker and strong pigments for a dense look. Just add a few coats of this mascara and bam! Voluminous lashes.
3. Curling Mascara. We got you, curls. Curling mascara is best for those with straight or poorly defined lashes. It contains filmifying polymers that make the lashes shrink and lift which makes a pronounced curl shape. This process also relies on the mascara wand, which should have a slightly curved shape rather than the usual straight shape.
4. Waterproof Mascara. Let yourself have a good cry—your waterproof mascara will be there for you. Waterproof mascara is perfect if you are expecting rain, tears, sweat or any moisture situation. The waterproof effect of this mascara is created from a waterproof formula comprised of mineral oils and waxes from animal or vegetable sources.
5. Mascara for Sensitive Eyes. In this case, beauty is NOT pain. You shouldn’t endure beautiful lashes if that means your eyes are going to itch, dry out or get red and irritated from your mascara. Look for mascaras with claims that state the formula is ophthalmologist-tested, allergy tested or safe for sensitive eyes. Also check whether it’s paraben free, fragrance-free and itchy-eyes approved.
All eyes on these lashes. Head to Macy’s today for an amazing assortment of mascara for beautiful eyelashes!