Womens Business Casual
You just landed your dream job. Congrats! You also just found out that it has a business casual dress code. Double congrats! Let’s be honest, business casual clothes make your 9-5 life so much easier. You’ll definitely want to start by checking your company’s dress code because sometimes business casual can be a little more business than casual, so you want to make sure you’re covered. Macy’s can help get you dressed in awesome business casual attire—we’ve compiled a list of essentials your closet needs. Shop women’s business casual clothes at Macy’s from the best brands such as Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, DKNY, Bar III (Created for Macy’s) and more!
10 Business Casual Essentials You Need in Your Closet:
1. A Black Blazer. Whether your dress code is more casual rather than business, the most important business casual wardrobe essential is a black blazer. The right blazer takes any plain outfit and turns it into a look that’s instantly more mature…even if it’s just to cover up your morning’s coffee stain. You can even have fun with fashion colors if you work in a younger, trendier setting.
2. Chic Button-Down Shirts. You can’t go wrong with a button-down shirt. They’re super versatile, can be dressed up or down, season-less, and mostly comfortable while still looking put together. Go with button-down shirts with a touch of feminine flair like ruffles, polka dots or studded collars.
3. Cool Blouses. For the cool girls. The great thing about a business casual dress code is that you can show off your sense of style a lot more than with other dress codes—but don’t get too trendy. Definitely branch outside of neutral colors, however, stay away from anything with cut-outs or off-the-shoulder necklines.
4. Basic Sweaters. We know you’re anything but basic, but these basic beauties are perfect for cooler months. Business casual sweaters pair perfectly with business casual pants and even dark wash jeans (yes, in some work environments you can wear jeans!). Pick up solid color sweaters and definitely a few in fun colors and patterns.
5. Smart, Easy Dresses. Shift dresses, sheath dresses, wrap dresses and midi dresses are stylish (yet office appropriate) dress options for your causal work wardrobe. They have a professional appeal without the same structure as a suit dress. Not to mention easy to wear and super comfortable.
6. A Versatile Cardigan. To keep you warm in the office…because most offices are iceboxes no matter the temperature outside. This last layering piece pulls together the best business casual outfit. You can never have too many! Buy at least black, white or brown and then some fashion colors to help brighten up a dull meeting.
7. A Comfortable Skirt. Pair a classic skirt with your chic button-down shirt or cool blouse and blazer for a business casual power outfit! Definitely go with midi-lengths over maxi skirts and absolutely no mini-skirts.
8. Black Pants. These business casual pants are key, especially if your office doesn’t allow jeans. They don’t have to be too structured either—try skinny pants with stretch, trendy high-waist wide leg pants or cropped capri pants. Joggers can be chic too—find a pair in a silky fabric and pair them with a cute blouse for the ultimate mod business casual look.
9. A Jumpsuit. Because, why not? Jumpsuits are perfect for those days you just can’t decide what to wear. Jumpsuits have the simplicity of a dress but feel cooler and fresher. Just make sure to stay away from styles with plunging necklines and cut-outs.
10. The Right Shoes. You can never have too many, so why not have a few dedicated to your work wardrobe? Oxfords and loafers are ideal if you prefer flats, while a comfortable pair of pumps are perfect for heel lovers. Ankle booties are a great option during cooler months because they’re warmer and can be paired with dresses, pants and even skirts!
Business not as usual…casualwear over everything! Head to Macy’s for an amazing selection of women’s business casual clothing!