Baby & Kids Room Decor
Little personalities. Big design. Does your child’s bedroom need a makeover? Just like adults, kids want a space to call their own at the end of the day. Whether you’re a new parent with only one lil’ babe or juggling a larger family, make sure you create a unique space for your kiddos. It’s easy to get lost in the world of children’s interiors, Macy’s helps you recreate a look at home with everything for your baby’s room or child’s room needs from brands such as Beautyrest, Little Seed, INK + INY, Sleeping Partners and more!
How to Design a Baby Nursery?
You want your new baby’s room to be comfortable, safe and cheery. Follow these guidelines to create a happy place for you and your new bundle of joy!
- Baby Crib. Invest in the crib! Many little one’s sleep in their cribs for three+ years, so it’s worth the expense. If you’re planning to have a few children, a well-made crib can also last through several kids. Some cribs can even convert to toddler beds or full-size beds for added longevity. The cribs styling should match your personal taste and the overall nursery design. If you’re going to have more than one kid, keep it gender neutral, so you use it again.
Nursery Note: This is not the place to buy vintage or utilize a hand-me-down. You want to play it safe and invest in a quality baby crib that meets all US safety standards. Make sure to get a quality crib mattress as well.
- Crib Bedding. A baby nursery isn’t complete without baby bedding. The crib and bedding will combine to create the centerpiece of the nursery. Be sure to have fun with the bedding, stick to a theme or color palette and incorporate your personal style. Unless you love doing laundry all the time, grab plenty of spare fitted sheets—you’ll go through a ton of these!
- Changing Table. With babies come love…and dirty diapers. Let’s put those diaper changing skills to the test—make this experience the best it can be with a well-designed space that has all the dirty-diaper essentials close at-hand. You can either go with a freestanding changing table with changing pad, changing station or changing top that can be added on top of a dresser.Nursery Note: Use bins or dresser drawers to store changing related items like diapers, wipes, clothes, ointments, lotions and even toys for your baby to play with (while you take care of business).
- Nursery Chair. This one’s all for you. You’ll be spending a lot of time in this chair—feeding your baby, rocking her, reading to her, laughing with her, cuddling her and overall a lot of parent-baby bonding—make sure it’s the chair of your dreams. Go with a rocking chair or glider with comfortable cushions and arm rests. Make sure if reflects your style, too!
- Storage. Organized parents…raise your hands! We love baskets, bins, storage containers and all things storage. You’ve been prepping for months buying toys, diapers, books, clothes and more—now it all needs a place to go. Choose storage containers that can transition to other areas of your home. We know, you wish she could stay young forever, but when your baby girl is all grown up, you’ll be glad you didn’t choose bubble gum pink storage baskets.
- Baby Nursery Décor. Here comes the fun part. Now that you’ve handled all the functional elements, spend some time thinking about design ideas and incorporating cute and cheerful baby room décor. Consider area rugs, curtains, lamps, stuffed animals and wall décor such as wall decals or paintings. The nursey design doesn’t have to scream “baby”, but it should be a reflection of your taste and be filled with things that make you happy.
How to Design a Kids’ Room?
Release your inner child…Macy’s is here to help you with some decorating ideas to create a fun and functional kids’ bedroom.
- Bed. Your child will happily skip to bed when it’s bedtime if they have a bed they love. A twin or full size is the most common bed size for your child’s room. Bunk beds are great if you need to double up and daybeds with roll-out trundle guest beds are great for sleepovers.
Tot to Teen Tip: Don’t forget about a good mattress! The mattress should be comfortable and supportive. Macy’s offers top name mattress brands in twin and full sizes.
- Bedding. The best part of their bed? The bedding. They can show off their favorite characters to friends with Disney bedding or play pretend super hero’s with Marvel bedding.
- Dressers, Desks and Chests. Store additional clothes in a dresser that is big enough to last as they get older (and get more stuff). Desks are perfect for the little learner to build blocks on during their toddler years and do homework on when they reach early adolescence. Chests are great for extra toy storage. You can also use baskets, shelves, bins or trays and sorters to organize your kids’ accessories.
Tot to Teen Tip: Think outside the box when it comes to furniture pieces and storage containers. These pieces not only transform a room but give your child extra inspiration. Consider furniture in fun shapes such as train or car beds!
- Bean Bag and Poufs. Kids love bean bag chairs! They are fun to sink into, make great landing spots and are perfect seats for reading. They are also a safe option for little ones compared to rigid or hard furniture. Does he love baseball? Complete your boys’ bedroom with a baseball bean bag chair. Is she a future soccer star? Finish off your girl’s room with a soccer ball bean bag chair.
- Kids Room Décor. Design a space for them to let their personality shine and their imagination run wild— kids’ décor should be fun. They’ll love wall décor or wall decals from their favorite Disney characters.
Do not disturb…we’re creating dreamy childhood memories. Stop by Macy’s today for everything you need to create an amazing baby nursery or kids&rsquo