7" Santoku Knife
- Multi-Layer Japanese Steel
- Made in Tsubame City, Japan
- 3 Layers of Steel. Inner core of very tough VG-5 steel. 2 outer layers of SUS410 steel to add strength and corrosion resistance.
- Heat Treating, and high angle 15 degree grind create super sharp, durable edge that lasts.
- Knife blade material is heated, rolled, and hammered to create thin blades and stck resistance surface that slices through food with ease.
- Blades are bead blasted to highlight the beautiful wave line between the hard VG-5 and softer, more flexible SUS410 steel.
- Handles are made from a solid block of red and black linen micarta. Linen micarta is made from layers of cloth cotton material, impregnated under heat and pressure with epoxy resin to form a super strong, water resistant handle.
- Stainless bolster and end caps are cast from 18/10 stainless steel. Micarta handles are epoxied to the stainless bolster, and the end cap is screwed onto the full tang for a super strong construction.
- The Hyabusa Cutlery Collection is made exclusively for Ginkgo Int'l Ltd by the Tamahagane Cutlery factory in Tsubame City, Japan.
- 7" Santoku Knife, like the Chef, this is a chopping workhorse.
- Knife blades have an inner core of VG-5 Stainless steel, with outer layers of SUS410. Bolsters and ends caps are 18/10 stainless. Handles are made from linen micarta.
- Hand wash only