What is the best self-tanner? The best self-tanner will match your skin tone. For fair skin, choose a light to medium self-tanner. And for darker skin, select a dark formula. Say good-bye to sunburn with self-tanning lotions, mousses and sprays from Tarte, TanTowel and St. Tropez, now at Macy’s.
TOP TEN TIPS FOR SELF-TANNER APPLICATION
Leave the streaks to zebras. For a back-from-beach glow, follow these helpful tips for self-tanner application:
1. Tend to all your other grooming needs first. Get your waxing, mani/pedi, shaving and hair coloring done before you put on self-tanner. These procedures can fade self-tanners.
2. Exfoliate. Remove dry skin with an exfoliating scrub on your face and body, since self-tanners seep into dry skin causing dark spots.
3. Towel off. Ensure that you’re absolutely dry after you shower.
4. Moisturize. Apply a bit of lotion to the areas of the body that are typically dry, like your knees and elbows. We wouldn’t want orange spots.
5. Apply self-tanner from the bottom up. Use circular motions and clean hands to ensure steady application. You might want use latex gloves. When you reach your face, only apply a small amount of self-tanner.
6. Wash your hands right after you’re done applying self-tanner.
7. Allow extra time for the self-tanner to dry.
8. Powder up. To prevent the self-tanner from shifting onto your clothes, brush on a talc-free baby powder.
9. Losing streaks. Should streaks occur during the application process, simply rub them away with half a lemon.
10. Make it last. Use a gentle cleanser and plenty of moisturizer to make your faux tan last longer.
There’s no need to soak up harmful sunrays when you have golden self-tanners, available at Macy’s!